Last updated on June 26, 2019
Information We Collect
The information we collect from you varies, depending on the way you use our Site. We collect information from or about you in the ways described below.
Information You Provide to Us
When you use our Site, we collect information that you choose to share with us. We collect several types of personal information from and about you when you use our Site. In many cases, you choose the amount of information you supply. Not all requested information is required, however, we specifically indicate what information is required where that information is necessary to provide you a product or service. In such cases, if you do not provide the required information, we will not be able to provide you that service. We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- USBC membership number
- League Number
- Bowling center name and location
When you apply for employment with us through the Site, we collect personal information such as your name, address, e-mail, and phone number. In addition, we may collect information relating to your education and employment history when you submit that information as part of an employment application. Not all requested information is required, however, and we specifically indicate what information is required in order to submit your employment application.
Other Information We Collect When You Use The Services
You do not need to provide personal information in order to browse or use our Site. Our Site, however, collects certain information automatically about you and your use of our Site that does not necessarily personally identify you, your interactions with us and information regarding the device you use to access our Site (collectively “Other Information”). This information includes:
- device information, such as hardware setting, web browser type and language.
- IP address, MAC address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g. device advertising ID)
- times you have accessed pages
- pages you have viewed
- searches you have conducted
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our Website
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our Site and the services we provide to you, including our marketing of our Services to you. We also use your information to communicate with you and to operate our business. More specifically, we may use your information to:
- Provide the information or services you request (including, but not limited to, processing transactions you enter into on our Site, provide information on membership, scholarships, local associations, coaching, league play, tournaments, list of bowling centers, and similar topics featured on the Site);
- Communicate with you about the Site and/or our services, including to respond to your customer service requests or respond to any other inquiry or correspondence you send to us
- Allow you to purchase and activate a membership;
- Enable you to sign up and register for coaching services
- Allow you to participate in public forums available on the Site. Please remember that these public forums are located in the public areas of our Site. Do not share content that you would not want others to read, save, or share
- Provide you updates, reminders, newsletters or other informational or educational content;
- Personalize your experience on the Site;
- Send you promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you;
- Send you joint promotional offers with third parties whose products and service offerings we believe may interest you. In such instances, USBC sends the offers to you and does not share your personal information with those third parties with whom we jointly market. You can always unsubscribe to any of the email offers you receive through the unsubscribe mechanisms contained in those messages;
- Consider you for employment;
- Analyze and improve the Site and services: including developing and improving products and services, monitoring and analyzing trends and usage;
- Prevent, detect, investigate, or remediate security or other legal concerns, including fraud;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us our users, or any other person or the copyright-protected content of the services;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements, or respond to subpoenas or government requests;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which your provide it or consent
How We Share Your Information
USBC may share information collected about you with third parties in the following situations:
- With service providers and partners to perform functions and services on our behalf, including:
o Service providers that process and store your data, provide hosting services, payment processing, data analytics etc.
o Bowling Centers that process information for us for example, relating to membership, tournaments, league play, etc.
- In order to respond to a subpoena, court order or other similar request or legal process;
- In response to a law enforcement agency’s request, as otherwise required by law, or if we believe, in our reasonable judgment, that providing such information is necessary for us to avoid criminal or civil liability;
- If we or our assets are sold or transferred or used as security, the information collected on our Site may be transferred or shared with third parties as part of that transaction;
- In order to detect, respond to, or resolve any fraud or security incident or concern;
- We may disclose or share your personal information in connection with an employment application to verify the information you provide;
- With your consent. We may share information in other ways if you give us consent or direct us to do so.
Aggregated de-identified information
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, or de-identified information which is not personally identifiable, and we do not limit our third-party providers from using, selling, licensing, distributing, or disclosing such aggregated or de-identified data.
- remember your preferences and allowing you to enter your user name less frequently;
- uniquely identify each user session when you access the services;
- compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the services are used;
- present you and communicate to you information that is targeted to your interests, including our content presented on another website and across devices;
- measure the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, communications and advertising
Session cookies are required to access much of the content and services offered on the Site. After you leave our Site and close your browser, a persistent cookie remains. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your help file directions in your web browser. You may disable cookies on your browser, but if you refuse our cookies, some features of the Site may not function properly for you.
Web Beacons: We may employ clear GIFs or web beacons to track anonymously how users use the Site. We may also use web beacons in our emails to track which emails are opened by recipients.
How We Use Google Analytics
We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of our customer data. We take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible or required by law, will ask that any third parties to whom we may transfer your information take comparable steps to protect that security. Although we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of any visitor information collected, the Internet is not 100 percent secure, and we shall have no liability for disclosure of any visitor information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties. Email is not a secure form of communication. Please do not send us any personally sensitive information via email.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you are responsible for taking reasonable steps for protecting the security of your personally identifiable information (for example, your user name and password), such as by securing access to your devices (such as your computer, smart phone, tablet, or other device) through which such personally identifiable information may be accessed or on which such personally identifiable information may be stored.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Browser Do Not Track
Our Site does not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
United States Use Only
Children Under 13 Years Old
The Site may collect information from users who are under the age of 13, and some of the information collected by the Site from these users may include personally identifiable information. Minors may only use the Site with the consent of their parent or guardian. Minors may only submit personal information to the Site with the consent of their parent or guardian. The Site, however, is operated by a non-profit organization and therefore is not subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (hereinafter referred to as “COPPA”). COPPA applies to commercial website operators and non-profit organizations that operate for the profit of their commercial members. As a non-profit organization, we are exempt from complying with COPPA under Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act. Any personally identifiable information collected by the Site from users under the age of 13 will be used as described above in the same manner as personally identifiable information collected from other users. However, any parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 who is enrolled in the SMART Program may request written notice of what information the Site collects and how we use the collected information and may, at any time, refuse to allow the use of any collected information. However, because the Site only collects information necessary for a child’s participation in the SMART Program, any parental refusal to allow for the use of collected information will result in a termination of the child’s account with the Site.
Opt Out/Modify Information
If you would like to add your name to our marketing list, request that your name be removed, or correct your current information, please write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (as appropriate).
Please include your full name and email address in case we have any questions. You can also opt-out of receiving email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our emails. We will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request.
This Site includes a feature which allows users to search for registered members and find out, among other information, the location of that member’s local association. If you are a registered member and would like to remove your information, including location of your local association, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (as appropriate).