USBC is pleased to announce the continuation of the Young Delegates Grant
Program, designed to encourage more
participation in the USBC Convention and promote life-long engagement.
The strategic planning committee report
highlighted the desire to recruit new leaders interested in governance of the sport.
This grant program covers travel costs for young delegates interested in attending
the 2020 USBC Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Grant applicant guidelines:
- You must be an eligible voting delegate under 45 years of age to be considered
- Voting delegates are elected by the membership at their annual meeting or by appointment by the board president to fill vacancies in delegate positions.
- Preference also will be given to those who qualify as athlete delegates
- Athlete delegates are individuals who, per USOC Bylaws and USBC Bylaw IX, have demonstrated active engagement in amateur bowling competition by finishing tournaments as follows:
- For Open or Women's Championship tournaments, the top five percent of all amateur finishers in the All Events event in the order in which participants scored;
- For Team USA Team Trials and National Junior Gold championship tournaments conducted by USBC, the top 50% of all amateur male and female finishers over the age of 18.
- Preference will be given to new delegates who have never attended USBC Convention
- Previous grant recipients will not be considered
Recipients receive transportation, hotel accommodation and meal reimbursement.
Please give careful consideration to possible applicants and promote the Young Delegates Grant Program at every opportunity.
The 2020 Young Delegate Grant Program application process will open in early January.